Monday, July 10, 2006

I really thought I'd be a good little blogger


I mean, I had all this time, right? The only thing I had going on in my life was this little bundle of cries and poop, erm, I mean joy and giggles, yet I haven't had a new entry in over a month. OK, so there HAVE been a few things going on. Visits from parents, end of another school year, and tackling a kitchen renovation project which Eric has decided he wants "nothing to do with" simply because I did not give him months to create spreadsheets and flow charts and decide in his engineering way that it was "the right time."
(FYI to all you husbands out there, the right time to renovate a kitchen is when your wife has been living in a nasty, out-dated kitchen for two years and after buying the house you said "we'll fix the kitchen when we move in, it'll be the first thing we do!" Let her renovate before she goes on strike and orders takeout every night.)
So what's new in the Life of Ryan? He was baptized last weekend, which is very exciting, because it means if he takes after his dad, Guilt and Brimstone will be very big factors in his upbringing from here on out. If he chooses Mommy's religion, he can spend his Saturday nights at the bars where he belongs and be confident that he's not going to hell for missing Mass. He is now very social and notices everything around him, which is pretty cool since we can interact with him more now. Unfortunately the easiest way to keep him happy is still to plop him in front of his Baby Shakespeare DVD, which I now have memorized almost in its entirety. Don't believe me? "Custer the Dragon has big, sharp teeth! With spikes on top of him and spikes underneath! Mouth like a fireplace, Chimney for a nose! And really-io, truly-io, DAGGERS on his toes!"
I promise, I'm hiring a babysitter and getting out of the house. VERY SOON.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home