Wednesday, July 12, 2006

100 things about me

1. I like animals more than most people.2. Spiders and clowns and the plastic people on Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood scare the bejesus outta me.3. I used to be a competitive swimmer.4. I have lived in 3 states: Virginia, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.5. My bedroom is purple.6. I'm doing this to take my mind off the screaming baby upstairs.7. I like to give my pets literary names. The cat already had hers, so she doesn't fit in.8. I wish I had never stopped taking piano lessons.9. In my shower there are 14 bottles of soaps and shampoos, one razor, and a rubber ducky.10. I once entered a drinking contest in Aruba because my friend made me and I lost pathetically to a teeny tiny Asian girl about half the size of me. 11. The ringtone on my phone changes from the "Law & Order" theme song to "The O.C." theme song. 12. My biggest pet peeve is people who don't return their shopping carts. 13. I took a beginner's swimming course in college and almost failed because of poor attendance. 14. I have an iPod and I didn't pay for it. 15. I'd be ok with being stranded on a deserted island as long as there was an endless supply of Starbucks. 16. I teach 9th grade English. 17. No, I'm not crazy. I love my job! 18. Once at a college basketball game, the Hokie Bird took my shoe and ran around the court with it. 19. I come from a family of green thumbs and I'm trying to learn. 20. I'm actually killing the hydrangeas. 21. I moved out of D.C. to get away from the snobs... and I ended up in Connecticut. 22. I think EZPass is the greatest invention ever, especially when you're driving through New Jersey. 23. I will never paint a room in my house blue. 24. My favorite movie of all time is The Princess Bride. 25. I will read a book I like over and over again. 26. I have a sweet tooth. 27. I love New York, but not during the holidays. 28. I secretly wish Harry Potter was real. 29. I'm the youngest of 4 children. 30. I drive a Nissan Pathfinder. 31. I'm properly ashamed of myself. 32. My TiVo is full of "Veronica Mars" and "Cold Case." 33. The last movie I saw was 50 First Dates. 34. I have one husband, one son, one dog, and one cat. 35. I lived in Vienna, VA every day of my life until I left for college. 36. I met my husband at a Halloween party in college. 37. He was very drunk. 38. I guess I probably was, too. 39. I hate leaving messages on answering machines. 40. I can't believe I'm only on #40. 41. Sharpie minis are the coolest thing since sliced bread. 42. I wear a size 9 shoe. 43. That's the only size you're getting out of me. 44. I'm a mutt, but more Irish than anything else. 45. I go to North Carolina with my family every August. 46. I love black and white photography. 47. I wish I was a good photographer myself. 48. I'm not crafty, either. 49. I like silver jewelry. 50. Target is the happiest place on earth. 51. I love to cook. 52. I enjoy spinning class. 53. I'm way out of shape for it now, though. 54. I very rarely have a map in my car and often get lost. 55. But I always find my way back. 56. I have exactly one pair of FMPs. 57. I wore them once and my feet hurt for 3 days. 58. I think Jack the Ripper is a fascinating historical figure. 59. So is Queen Elizabeth I. 60. I don't like cheesecake. 61. My favorite beer is Killian's. 62. But probably one would make me schnockered. 63. I apparently don't know how to spell schnockered. 64. I like candles that smell like baked goods. 65. If I could do anything for a living, it would be Puppy Cuddler. I'm sure they have those somewhere. 66. I'm in the process of trying to lose the baby weight. 67. I never delete e-mails, unless it's spam. 68. I love getting snail mail. 69. My house actually has a white picket fence. 70. It also has a bomb shelter. 71. We call it the in-law suite. 72. The best concert I've ever been to was the Barenaked Ladies- 4 times. 73. Billy Joel was a very close second. 74. Yes, I am 26 and I like Billy Joel. Deal with it. 75. I'm usually a very good driver. 76. But I turn mean and aggressive when I go home to D.C. 77. I always make time for bubble baths. 78. I once wrote a letter to the editor about the literary value of Harry Potter. 79. They published it. 80. In case you were wondering, the baby is still crying. 81. Dogs make the best pillows. 82. But don't try it with the cat. 83. I used to hate the grocery store. 84. Now I appreciate any chance to get out of the house. 85. I always try to get 8 hours of sleep a night- even with a newborn. 86. It didn't work last night. 87. My favorite restaurant is P.F. Changs, but there aren't any in Hartford. 88. Once I drove all the way into Boston just to eat there. 89. I love shopping at Pottery Barn. 90. I'm properly ashamed of that, too. 91. I like to grade papers with purple pens. 92. My students say I should have been a doctor because they can't read my handwriting. 93. I can't carry a tune. 94. It doesn't stop me from singing in the shower. 95. I'm really really bad about writing thank you notes. 96. But I make up for it, I love to give people gifts. 97. My middle name is actually spelled wrong on my birth certificate. 98. I like my married name because I moved up in the alphabet. 99. I have more than perfect vision. 100. My life-long dream is to open a restaurant where dessert is served first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home