Monday, August 07, 2006

I can't really blame him, it tastes like cardboard

We recently attempted Ryan's first Big Boy Meal. The first night we tried to feed him rice cereal, more of it ended up on him than in his mouth. The second night, as soon as the spoon passed his lips he started screaming. Wondering what the big deal was, Eric and I both tried a bite and spent the rest of the evening apologizing profousely to the little guy and begging his forgiveness for forcing such foul nastiness down his throat. I think he would have preferred the beer (can you blame him?)
Just to ease your mind, he didn't really drink it. He didn't even smell it. Eric just thought it would make a funny picture. But that would be ONE way to get him sleeping through the night. Hmmm....
Ryan and I leave Eric behind on Friday morning for the Annual Thomson Beach Trip in North Carolina. As Eric has no vacation left, I invited my friend Kerri to join me, and seeing as she's a phenomenal cook, I am fairly confident that we will be winning the Cookoff this year. (You'll have to wait to find out the menu, it's top-secret.) Everything we're making has the added benefit of being healthy and low-fat (yet still delicious) to appease all of the mothers trying to lose baby weight. I'm thinking that we should make some sort of trophy to be passed off to the winner each year, perhaps something resembling the Geller Cup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home