Friday, August 24, 2007

Schoooooool's out for Summer


I *swear* it was just last week that spinning instructor Dan was playing that song during class. Alas, here I am, 3 measley days away from the first day of school. How did this happen, people?? I claimed I would spend every day at the beach! I dreamt of trips to the outlets and afternoon excursions to the children's museum! Eric promised me a day trip to a winery! You may envy us teachers for our summers off, but let me tell you, almost nothing makes up for that moment of dread when you realize summer's almost over and you haven't even THOUGHT about what you're going to teach next week. I'm teaching honors classes this year and I finally- today, mind you- glanced at the curriculum. Whatever, it can't be all that different from regular 9th grade classes, right? You know, aside from my questions being answered with something besides the sound of crickets chirping and having to actually grade homework, and *GASP* having real live telephone conversations with an ACTUAL PARENT. And I'm not talking about an answering machine or the monotone lady who tells me the number is no longer in service. I mean a PERSON. I'm so excited. But remind me to check my voicemail every time you see me, ok? Cause this really will be a foreign concept for me.

So we're back from North Carolina, where we were once again awarded Best Dinner. Well, *I* was awarded Best Dinner, since Eric didn't help. We also were nominated Most Photogenic, which I don't get, and you wouldn't either if you saw Matt and Emilie's pictures. Still, it's an improvement from last year, right? Oops... I was going to link you to a picture from last year, but guess what... I posted a picture of my sister last year because she was much nicer to look at. In any case, this year all of the baby weight is gone, plus another 10 pounds. I can actually look at pictures of myself without cringing!

Ryan went back to daycare a few days this week and I'm reminded once again of how fast he's growing up. At the end of the school year he was barely speaking and certainly didn't seem to understand much. Now he says "cracker" quite clearly, although he seems to use the word to refer to anything food related. The other day he said it when I gave him a french fry. Maybe he was just hoping the french fry was as healthy as a cracker. See how clever my boy is? Today at daycare he apparently spent a full 35 minutes climbing up and down the stairs. He KNEW his Mommy was sweating her butt off on the treadmill at the very same time!! What a brilliant child!

Speaking of which, my friend is trying to convince me to run a 5k with her in October. I think it would be a great accomplishment, but I've been unable to convince Eric to enter to ensure I don't come in last.

That would be mean if he hadn't called me fat today.

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Blogger hsullivan66 said...

that is a cute picture!!!

but BOOO to him calling you fat, DBF would have been kicked for that one (good think I've been slacking on kickboxing!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home