Sunday, October 01, 2006

Wow. I really really suck

All I did was go back to work and all of a sudden it's been almost two months since I posted an entry! And this will have to be a quick one, I'm in the middle of making dinner.
Soooo... what's new. The school year is a pretty good one so far, I only have one class of cretins. But man do they make up for the three good classes. Just so you know what it is I'm dealing with, my friend Dave had most of these kids last year at the middle school. When I read him my class roster, his eyes got really big (at least I assume they did. we were on the phone. he just had that bugged-eyes voice) and said "you have all those kids IN THE SAME CLASS???" I think he may have actually wept for me.
So I'm dealing with them as best I can, which usually means I just hope they're smart enough to skip my class. Really, I'm just kidding... sorta.
Ryan is doing great at daycare. The other kids love him, but they make him Lex Luthor when they play Superman. I guess with his still-bald head, he's destined to be an Evil Genius. He is now crawling, which means that I feel a lot like Joey attempting to open all the cabinets in the kitchen. The best part about the crawling is that Ryan can now play with a toy train that Grammy Debbie gave him a few months ago. The train has lots of fun buttons, and one of them makes the train move across the room if you push it. You haven't seen cute until you've seen the little guy trying to keep up with his train.
Of course the return to school and exposure to germs got us both sick last week. Ryan had a cold that turned into an ear infection and I had a cold that turned into the Black Plague and I still can't kick it. I went into school on Friday with almost no voice and did the cop-out lesson of showing a movie. My kids loved it. One student told me I sounded like the Godfather. I should have made him kiss my ring.
OK I know it's been two months but that's all I got for now. And look, I'm such a terrible Mommy I don't even have a recent picture of Ryan in this one. I promise I will at least post a picture of his Halloween costume (which is on order... but you're going to have to wait to know what it is!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home