Saturday, July 29, 2006

Here comes the bride....


Isn't that just the cutest thing you've ever seen?? We had to distract Ella's daddy long enough to take this (he's a little overprotective) but I think it was worth it. What we didn't manage to capture on film was the hilarity that ensued the moment Becky and Ella arrived. Knowing that Becky had her hands full with the baby, the diaper bag, and two cups of coffee, I left Ryan for 30 seconds to give her a hand, forgetting that the sound of a visitor turns Faustus into Fierce Mean Thirty-Pound Guard Dog, an attitude which is only intensified when he's stuck in his crate. I returned to the living room to the sounds of anxious barking from Faustus, which immediately set off panicked shrieks from Ryan, which in turn caused confused yelps from Ella. It was a funhouse in here, let me tell ya.
We have a superfun week coming up. I'm going to the J.K. Rowling reading at Radio City Music Hall on Tuesday (no cameras allowed, sorry! But I promise a detailed play-by-play in a post next week) and then to the dentist on Wednesday (not so much fun, but Ryan will get to play with the babysitter again) and tomorrow we're having a cookout with some friends. I'm taking advantage of this gathering to test some recipes I'm planning for the Annual Thomson Beach Trip in two weeks. An important tradition during this week is that my siblings and their respective spouses and I try to outcook each other (each of us prepare dinner once as a thank you to my parents, who foot the bill for the house.) Yes, my family will turn ANYTHING into a competition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home