Monday, July 17, 2006

White trash in Connecticut? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Sadly, no. And they all seem to congregate at Lake Compounce. Nothing like a 90-degree day to bring the crazies to the local amusement park. Besides the wifebeaters and the miles of flesh that had no business wearing two-piece bathing suits, though, we had a pretty swell time. The last time Eric and I were there we went on two rollercoasters, the paddleboats, and the make-out ride. This is the only ride we went on this time, unless you count the excitement behind the door to the family restroom. Ryan seemed to enjoy it until the end, when he all of a sudden got this panicked look on his face like "HOLY CRAP!!! What's with all the lights and noise?? Don't I puke enough, you had to spin me around in all these circles???"
In other news, I chopped all my hair off today. Well, to be more precise, Jamie chopped it off, which is good, because imagine the hackjob it would be if I had done it. It was a monumental occasion not only in that my hair has never been this short, it was the first time we've really left Ryan with a babysitter. I thought I'd be worried, but instead the thought of driving until I hit Mexico fleetingly crossed my mind. But hey, I came back, to discover that those little pearly whites are finally trying to make an appearance. To the writers of What to Expect the First Year, thanks a whole lot for getting my hopes up by telling me some babies DON'T EVEN NOTICE TEETHING.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey kristin! ryan is growing up cute. i still think he had remarkable sense for being born on my birthday. guess what? when he is 1 year old, mine will be about a month old ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home