Wednesday, August 23, 2006

And the winner is...


We're finally back from the annual beach trip and carry with us the pride of having won this year's cookoff. Here's the winning menu, the credit for which mostly belongs to Kerri as she did most of the work.
-brie en croute
-grilled salmon with cucumber-scallion relish
-twice-baked potatoes with sauteed shrimp
-spinach strawberry salad
-strawberry shortcakes with ginger biscuits

It will be a challenge to top that next year but I'm sure we'll manage. :) The trip was pretty good. The house was gorgeous, a short golf-cart ride to the beach (you could walk, too, but usually we took the golf cart since we had so much crap to take with us). I'm proud to announce that I went for a run once while we were there. OK so it wasn't so much a run as a jog. Or 3 minutes of jogging and 20 minutes of walking. But I definitly did NOT have waffles for breakfast afterwards, if that's what you're thinking.
The Big Family Picture Fest went pretty well. The khakis and white shirts came out pretty well and we only sort of looked like communists. I got a lot of good shots, but I especially liked this one. That's my sister Kerry with my nephew Sam. To be fair, my friend Kerri (not to be confused with sister Kerry) took a lot of pictures and I honestly don't remember which one of us took this shot.
Tomorrow is the big day: back to work. I finally had to admit this week that my "I'm OK with a pair of jeans and two pairs of sweatpants until I lose the baby weight" wasn't going to hold up when trying to put together a post-partum professional wardrobe. Thank God for Target. I'll just have to be sure to hang on to the new clothes so I have some Thanksgiving Pants.

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great picture!! I love it!

Thanksgiving pants, I *just* saw that episode

 

Post a Comment

<< Home